Jumpstart’s commitment to ensuring the safety and security of all personal information is governed by the following privacy principles:
Jumpstart is responsible for all personal information under its control including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes.
2. Identifying Purposes
Jumpstart may collect, use and disclose personal information in order to facilitate the operation of Jumpstart’s programs and initiatives, including but not limited to, processing program applications, donation and funding requests, issuing tax receipts, complying with legal requirements, making available this Web Site and other content, communicating with or surveying our donors and program participants, analyzing or assessing our programs and services, and to achieve other purposes as may, from time to time, be permitted by law and necessary to fulfill Jumpstart’s mandate.
Jumpstart will obtain consent to collect, use or disclose personal information either by directly requesting it, or consent may be implied by conduct in providing the information to Jumpstart. The method of obtaining consent will be appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
- Express consent (either oral or written) will be obtained for sensitive personal information, such as financial information.
- Implied consent may be taken for less sensitive information, where one or more of the following apply:
- A relationship already exists;
- Express consent has previously been given;
- The purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent.
Jumpstart will not disclose personal information to any third party without your written consent, unless it is required by law to do so or as otherwise required for the agreed upon purpose. Express consent (either oral or written) will be obtained for sensitive personal information, such as financial information.
4. Limiting Collection
Jumpstart collects only the personal information necessary for the identified purpose. Jumpstart will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Jumpstart uses and discloses personal information only for the identified purposes. If any personal information is shared with third parties, these third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with Jumpstart to secure and protect the confidentiality of this personal information.
Jumpstart retains personal information only as long as it is required for the identified purposes or as required by applicable federal and provincial laws.
Jumpstart may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your personal information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
Jumpstart is committed to maintaining the accuracy of personal information for as long as it is being used. Jumpstart will make best efforts to ensure that all personal information in its possession is kept up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. An individual may request access to their personal information that Jumpstart has on record in order to review and correct the information, as appropriate.
Jumpstart takes steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- Physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets;
- Electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers;
- Limiting individual access to personal information to only those persons with a need for this information in the performance of their duties; contractual obligations obtained from third parties who require access to personal information.
Jumpstart is committed to providing information about our policy and practices related to the management of personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on the Canadian Tire website, www.canadiantire.ca under Jumpstart.
9. Individual Access
Individuals can request to review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request that changes be made to their personal information retained by Jumpstart by contacting the Canadian Tire Corporation Privacy Office (contact details outlined below).
10. Jumpstart responds to questions, concerns and complaints about privacy
Jumpstart will respond in a timely manner to questions, concerns and complaints regarding the privacy of personal information in its control and its privacy policies and procedures. Please refer to the contact information outlined below.
Jumpstart Privacy Office Contact Information
Canadian Tire Privacy Office
2180 Yonge Street
P.O. Box 770 Stn. K
Toronto, Ontario M4P 2V8