Community Development Grants
Stronger Communities. Stronger Canada.
Our Community Development Grants have two funding streams. The Operational stream assists organizations with operational and administrative costs, while the Programming stream helps organizations develop or sustain sports and recreational programming for kids aged 4-18 in financial need and youth with disabilities between the ages of 4-25.
Qualified organizations may apply for one or both streams throughout the year. While organizations can apply for both an Operational or Programming Grant within the same period, the requests must be clearly justified, and funding will be dependent on quality of the application and overall demand.Apply Online
Assists organizations with operational and administrative costs, including but not limited to:
- Re-hire staff who were laid off due to impacts of COVID-19;
- Payment of past due/overdue accounts (e.g., rent, utilities);
- Equipment procurement, personal protective equipment, and program delivery adaptations (including start-up expenses related to establishing online programming);
- Build human resource capacity (program staff, coaches, volunteers), including training; and
- Increased rental costs or facility updates.
Organizations can apply for up to $15,000 in operational support.
Assists organizations with the costs of delivering sport and recreational programming, including but not limited to:
- Program supervisors, instructors, coaches;
- Facility costs;
- Equipment costs;
- Costs incurred to meet return to play guidelines/provincial health protocols/regulations (e.g., PPE, cleaning supplies, individual equipment for participants, etc.); and
- Transportation costs.