The Jumpstart Sport Relief Fund has two funding streams. Qualified organizations may apply for either stream or both within each period, however, the requests must be clearly justified, and funding will be dependent on overall demand.
- Rehiring or training of staff or new employees to meet changing needs;
- Payment of past due/overdue accounts;
- Organization Development, including fundraising/revenue generation strategies and operational efficiencies; and
- Equipment procurement, personal protective equipment, and program delivery adaptations (including start-up expenses related to establishing online programming).
- Program supervisors, instructors, coaches;
- Facility costs;
- Equipment costs;
- Costs incurred to meet return to play guidelines/provincial health protocols/regulations (e.g., PPE, cleaning supplies, individual equipment for participants, etc.); and
- Transportation costs.
- Consist of at least 5 sessions/5 hours
- Engage participants aged 4-18 years old from families in financial need or 4-25 years old for programs primarily serving children and youth with disabilities