Individual Child Grant Guidelines
To be eligible for funding for one or more children, families must first meet specific financial criteria as per Revenue Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Offs (LICO) chart or are receiving the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB).
Other Funding Requirements
- Children must fall between the ages of 4 - 18 years old.
- Funding is allocated to sustained programs that involve a sport or physical activity.
- Programs should be a minimum of five weeks in duration and include at least one session per week. In the case of sports camps, the program must last at least five consecutive days for consideration.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the program's start date
- Applications must include proof of financial need. A clear, legible and current copy of anyone of the following will suffice as proof of need:
- Income assessment
- Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment showing Line 150 – Total Gross Income
- Most recent, three consecutive pay stubs
- Canadian Child Benefit (CCB) Statement
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Funding is up to $300 per activity, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands.
- Children can be funded for successive seasons in an activity, up to a maximum of $300 per activity
- The annual maximum amount a child is eligible to receive is up to $600, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands.
- Cheques are made payable to the service organization, identified as the “payee” in the application. A payee can be a local hockey association, gymnastics club, etc. that coordinates the sports or physical activity on behalf of the qualifying youth/child.
- All approvals will be determined by the local Jumpstart Chapter and designated Canadian Tire Jumpstart Regional Manager, and are subject to local demands and Chapter budgets.
Individual Child Grant Application
Jumpstart will continue to support registration fees for in person sport and recreation programs, in locations where governments and public health authorities have deemed it safe to do so. However, at this time, Jumpstart is unable to support online sport and/or recreation program registration fees. For access to free online ideas to help keep kids active at home, please visit our Play From Home Resource Hub.
Please be patient while your application is processed. Jumpstart is taking extra precautions reviewing applications.