Apply for Individual Child Grants
Apply for Individual
To apply for funding to help cover the costs associated with your child's sport or physical activity, please complete the following steps:
1. Review the Individual Child Grant Guidelines to ensure your family qualifies for assistance.
2. Complete the online registration form, then read and accept the terms and conditions before submitting.
Before you start your application, please have the following ready:
- Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number, and email address)
- The first name, last name, gender, and date of birth of your child
- The details of the sport or physical activity in which your child would like to participate
- The amount that you are requesting from Jumpstart
- The name of the non-profit/charity/service organization (payee) running the sport or physical activity program
- Applications must include proof of financial need. A clear, legible and current copy of anyone of the following will suffice as proof of need:
- Income assessment
- Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment showing Line 150 – Total Gross Income
- Most recent, three consecutive pay stubs
- Canadian Child Benefit (CCB) Statement
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Individual Child Grant Application
Jumpstart will continue to support registration fees for in person sport and recreation programs, in locations where governments and public health authorities have deemed it safe to do so. However, at this time, Jumpstart is unable to support online sport and/or recreation program registration fees. For access to free online ideas to help keep kids active at home, please visit our Play From Home Resource Hub.
Please be patient while your application is processed. Jumpstart is taking extra precautions reviewing applications.