Accessibility Grant Guidelines
Jumpstart Accessibility Grants
- Renovations to widen hallways or doorways that are too narrow for a child using a wheelchair, electric scooter, or walker
- Installing elevators, lifts, or pool pods
- Enhancing capital project plans for rinks to make them fully accessible and inclusive for para-hockey use.
- Building accessible walkways between outdoor amenities at a recreation facility (i.e., between tennis courts, pools, playgrounds, and parks)
- Installing a ceiling-track lift system for a seamless, accessible travel path
- Enhancing capital project plans for rinks to make them fully accessible and inclusive for para-hockey use
- Adapting recreational facilities to accommodate sensory and invisible disabilities (i.e., creating a Sensory Room/Snoezelen Room as an outlet for children who may have heightened sensory experiences while participating in group activities)
- Enhancing plans for a new field house or indoor gym by ensuring that flooring surfaces, court dividers, and change rooms are all universally accessible
Where possible, applicants should demonstrate evidence of matching funds or in-kind support from federal, provincial, territorial, and/or municipal governments.
For more information about eligible expenses, please review our detailed Eligibility Criteria Guidelines.
Applications must be submitted between December 1, 2019 and February 12, 2020 (11:59 p.m. EST).
Late applications will not be accepted.
All applicants will be contacted by May 1, 2020.
HOW ARE JUMPSTART ACCESSIBILITY GRANTS APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED?