In order to qualify for funding, you’ll need to answer “yes” to the following questions?
- Are you the parent or guardian of the child that would like to play?
- Is that child between the ages of 4 and 18?
- Have you checked to confirm that you meet our financial needs criteria? Click here for more information on the guidelines.
Typically, it takes two months to process an application. It’s important that you contact your local Hockey Association and confirm that it will hold a place for your child while your application is being processed. Jumpstart will provide the funding directly to the Hockey Association and cannot reimburse a parent or guardian that paid before the application was approved.
If you did answer “yes” to all the questions above, you’ll need to have the following to complete the application:
1. Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number and email address).
2. The first name, last name, gender and birth date of the child.
3. The amount that you are requesting from Jumpstart
4. Proof of financial need. Any one of the following can be used:
5. The name of the Hockey Canada League / Association running the program. 6. The details of the hockey program in which your child would like to participate
- An income assessment
- Prior year T4 statement
- Three consecutive pay stubs
The Big Play provides funding of up to $500/per child, subject to Jumpstart’s other funding maximums and/or local demands and applications will be approved on a first come, first served basis.
Once you complete the process, you will be notified by email if your application has been approved. Until you receive an email indicating that the funding has been approved, please consider the submission as a request for funding only.
The Jumpstart team