The Jumpstart Accessibility Grants provide funding for projects that improve accessibility, inclusion and safety for children with disabilities through renovations, retrofits or construction of community facilities and venues so that recreation programs and/or services can be accessed and enjoyed by children of all abilities.
Eligible activities under the Inclusive Design Innovation Grants stream should set a new standard for universal access. Examples include but are not limited to:
• Upgrading a recreational field (e.g.: baseball field) to be fully accessible and inclusive (e.g.: Challenger baseball field);
• Enhancing plans for rinks to make them fully accessible and inclusive for para-hockey use;
• Enhancing plans for a field house or indoor gym by ensuring that flooring surfaces, court dividers and changerooms are all universally accessible.
Examples of eligible activities under the Accessibility Enabling Grants stream include, but are not limited to:
• Renovations to widen hallways/doorways that are too narrow for a child using a wheelchair, electric scooter or walker;
• Installing elevators or lifts;
•Building continuous accessible walkways between outdoor amenities at a recreation facility (i.e. between tennis courts, pools, playgrounds, and parks)