Examples of eligible activities under the Accessibility Enabling Grants stream include, but are not limited to:
• Renovations to widen hallways/doorways that are too narrow for a child using a wheelchair, electric scooter or walker;
• Installing elevators or lifts/pool pods;
•Building continuous accessible walkways between outdoor amenities at a recreation facility (i.e. between tennis courts, pools, playgrounds, and parks)
Eligible activities under the Inclusive Design Innovation Grants stream should set a new standard for universal access. Examples include but are not limited to:
• Upgrading a recreational field to be fully accessible and inclusive (e.g. upgrading a baseball field to be a Challenger baseball field);
• Installation of a ceiling track lift system to allow for a seamless, accessible path of travel within a recreation facility.
• Enhancing capital project plans for rinks to make them fully accessible and inclusive for para-hockey use;
• Enhancing recreational facilities to include adaptations for sensory and invisible disabilities (e.g., creation of a sensory room to provide an outlet for individuals who may have heightened sensory experiences while participating in group activities)
• Enhancing plans for a new field house or indoor gym by ensuring that flooring surfaces, court dividers and changerooms are all universally accessible.