If you are a parent or guardian, you can apply for funding on behalf of your child/children by clicking on the Start Application button below. All information provided will be kept confidential.
Before you start, we ask that you first be able to answer “Yes” to the following questions:
• Is the child on whose behalf you are applying between the ages of 4-18?
• Is the funding that you require for a program involving a sport or physical activity?
• Is your family in a demographic which would be considered in financial need (as defined by Government guidelines)? Click here to check if you meet the financial need criteria.
If you can answer “Yes” to all 3 questions, then you will need to provide the following information as part of the application process. Be sure to have them handy once you click on the Start Application button:
• Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number and email address).
• The first name, last name, gender and date of birth of your child.
• The details of the sport or physical activity in which your child would like to participate.
• The amount that you are requesting from Jumpstart.
• The name of the non-profit/charitable/service organization (Payee) running the sport or physical activity program.
Funds or equipment are provided directly to the Payee on behalf of the qualifying youth or child.
• Proof of financial need. Any one of the following will suffice as proof of financial need—income assessment, prior year T4 statement or three consecutive pay stubs. Instructions will be provided in the application on how to upload a copy of these documents.