The Parasport Jumpstart Grant supports introductory and development Parasport programs designed at getting children and youth with a disability active and/or on a sport-specific pathway.
The Parasport Jumpstart Grants program provides funds to cover the cost of registration, equipment and transportation for children and youth under the age of 25. Eligible programs must be completed by August 31, 2019.
Eligible programs can include:
• Programs associated with a sport (an available sport)
• Multisport programs (several sports available)
• Paralympic sports (http://paralympic.ca/paralympic-sport)
• Non paralympic sports (sometimes called ‘parasports’)
• Programs designed for children and youth with a specific disability (e.g. a soccer league for visually impaired children)
• Programs designed for children and youth with different disabilities to play together (e.g. children without a disability paired with children having an intellectual, physical or visual disability)
Jumpstart and the CPC recognize that many introductory programs are often multi-sport and include different disability groups as well as able-bodied participants participating together.
In 2018, the Parasport Jumpstart Grant will offer three streams of Granting: Paralympic sport, Parasport and Multi-sport
The Paralympic Sport Stream Grants programs offering sports on the Paralympic program. For a complete list of Paralympic sports please visit: http://paralympic.ca/paralympic-sport
Applicants must be specific about how this grant will support entry or ongoing participation on a sport-specific Paralympic pathway.
The Parasport Stream Grants programs offering sports and activities that are not on the Paralympic program. Examples include sailing, waterski and wakeboard, wheel dance and more.
The Multi-Sport Stream Grants programs offering multiple sports and can include either Paralympic or Parasports. This granting stream aims to expand the opportunities available for children and youth to be physically active and recognizes that multi-sport environments are often good starting points for children and youth to be exposed to sport.