Jumpstart Accessibility Grants are open to:
• Municipalities and public recreation centres/ facilities
• Schools with publically accessible facilities
• Community organizations with publicly accessible recreation facilities (for example, the YMCA, Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada, etc.)
• Public recreation spaces owned and operated by private Foundations
There are two funding streams within the Jumpstart Accessibility grants:
Accessibility-Enabling Grants: Jumpstart will provide grants up to $50,000 for projects designed to help organizations enable general accessibility within their facilities. Where possible, applications should demonstrate evidence of matching funds or in-kind support from Federal/Provincial/Territorial and/or municipal governments. Up to 14 Accessibility-Enabling Grants will be awarded annually;
Inclusive Design Innovation Grants: Jumpstart will provide grants between $250,000 and $1,000,000 for projects designed to enhance existing building plans for sport and recreation spaces with uniquely innovative solutions for inclusion & accessibility for children of different abilities. On an annual basis, Jumpstart will award:
• Up to four grants valued at $250,000
• Up to two grants valued at $500,000
• Up to two grants valued at $1,000,000
The Jumpstart Parasport Fund is a partnership between Jumpstart and the Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC). Together we grant organizations funds to improve access to grassroots participation for kids with disabilities.
Eligible organizations can access funding for both Paralympic Sports, and parasport activities (i.e. wheel dance, waterski, wakeboard, para golf, para sailing).